Communications, Management, Sales
Please provide some details of your event so that we can check on this speaker's availability:hide this window
Mike Hourigan is a spellbinding storyteller with a message that just might change your life! As a speaker, he is known for the savvy real-world wisdom he brings to corporate and association audiences. As an energetic keynoter, he delivers stimulating, fast-paced, humorous programs overflowing with relevant ideas.
As a stirring breakout speaker he unravels complicated principles and distills them down to valid, workable solutions to be used immediately. One meeting planner described one of Mike’s programs this way: “Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I plan to put everything I learned into practice as soon as I get back to work, if not sooner!” --Society of Insurance Licensing Association
Mike Hourigan provides a vivid way of framing strategies to make them stick like glue. Mike challenges audience members - at all levels - to adapt to the dynamics of change through his highly crafted programs on leadership, employee retention, negotiation, sales, and communication skills.
Before becoming a professional speaker, author and consultant, Mike enjoyed a successful career in corporate America. He started his career as a territory manager with Cargill Incorporated and was quickly promoted after his sales generated enough business to build a new manufacturing facility. As National Sales Manager with Olympus Corporation, he hired and trained a national sales force. He ended his corporate career as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for PAT Equipment Corporation.
He has co-authored three books including Riding the Waves Without Getting Wet: A Journey to Leadership, The Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus, and Motivational Selling.
Audiences say his honest humor and exuberance for life find a way of impacting everyone and leaving them with a willingness to confront the important issues and laugh at the less important ones.
Meeting planners agree you will appreciate Mike Hourigan's passionate perspective, energetic eloquence, and genuine concern for his audience.
- Riding the Waves Without Getting Wet: How to Manage Change in Today’s Workplace
- Let's Not Split the Difference: How to Get What You Want Through Negotiation
- Leadership Dexterity: The Art and Science of Leadership
- How to Say "No!" to Stress and Avoid Burnout
- Teamwork Is More Than Just T-Shirts: How to Inspire Commitment, Teamwork, and Cooperation
- Recruiting, Interviewing and Keeping Great People Today
- Communication: It's Not Part of It – It's All of It
- The Hiring Economy: How to Avoid Investing in the Wrong Sales Person
- Taking the "Cuss" out of Customer Service